Need help on this sweep scale issue

5141   3   2
32 posts
Hello all
I need a small help to let me figure out a simple expression.
In the scene I'm joining in, is a small task to sweep a shape “reorient” along a vertical line “verticalcenterline” and to scale its copies gradually to match the pyramid look shape “verticalguidelines”.
I tried many expressions to use the PCT, PT and NPT to make it simple to match with the changing look of the pyramid controlled by a “mastercontrol”.

All is pointed with templates.

Help and many thanx.

Attachments:
sweep_scale.hipnc (121.3 KB)

460 posts
hey
I did it with a few nodes extra, no expression

check it out

Attachments:
_mix_sweep_scale_v02.hipnc (135.5 KB)

varomix - Founder | Educator @ Mix Training
Technical Artist @ Meta Reality Labs
32 posts
Hey Varomix
Great idea, I tried to do that, but I could not figure out the righteous add polygin expression, very simple, very nice, and smart enough.
I will keep on asking dummy questions so be around.
Best regards from Paris
460 posts
Hey Chadi glad you like it

This is what I did, you already had those lines where you need it the rails to go so I grouped those lines first, this so I could delete them later and now include them in the sweep,

then resample those lines to give you the right number of inside reails,

then in the add node, all it does is connect the dots, and I'm saying " connect the dots specified by N, the skip one and start again, so the expresion looks for the resample node to see how many dots it is creating and use that many plus one to close the loop, making a closed polygon, then, delete the lines we don't need in the sweep, the horizontal lines, and sweep that.

the add node is great, I use it a lot

hope you get it now

l8r
varomix - Founder | Educator @ Mix Training
Technical Artist @ Meta Reality Labs
  • Quick Links