Search - User list
Full Version: skin VOP problem
Root » Technical Discussion » skin VOP problem
anon_user_43052452
Hi, I am doing a very simple VOP with just a skin OP appended to the color. I ticked the “apply blemish” param, and when I render, the sin cells are okay, they follow the object, but the spots created by the blemish seem to be calculated in the cameraspace, not the object, so they are moving with my camera. And the object is not deforming, so I guess I do not need to append a rest pos to my SOP net. is it a normal behavior? or I am missing somthing?
JColdrick
You know that you can select the “skin” VOP, hit enter, and go down into it to examine it, right? By default the label for a “subnetted” VOP is coloured blue for subnets.

I haven't tested this myself, but looking at it briefly - yes - the blemish noise is applied using P and the other skin stuff uses s&t params. That would explain at least why they're different.

You may have found a bug! What you want to do is add a “Global” VOP, attach it's “P” output to a Space Change VOP, then feed that into the “P” of the Skin VOP. That should work. For whatever reason, my current quick session can't get that to work. It could be a session bug, however - try that first. You want to transform “P” into Shader space.
If you can't get it to work, like me, go down into “Skin” and take a look. He's done a fairly straightforward piping of the “P” into a Connected VOP - if you've connected it to something above, which you have, it should use your feed. However, I've ascertained that it's not working, for me anyway. I'm not sure if this is a bug in the “Connected” VOP in 333? I don't know. Anyway - SESI if you could try to repro this….thanks.
And as a workaround, just hard feed the space-changed P that you sent into Skin to the two noise generators and it should work fine.

Cheers,

J.C.
anon_user_43052452
great! I didn t know those stuff were subnets! I will learn a lot more with that! thx a lot.
concerning my initial pb, I will take the time to look at the sin subnet and try to understand it.

thx a lot again
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.