Search - User list
Full Version: rendering reflection map
Root » Technical Discussion » rendering reflection map
phoenix1606
Hello

Simple question: If I have an object with a textured surface and reflections, how do I render a separate pass for only the reflections without the textures? Thanks!

phoenix1606
stevenong
Hi there,

You can first render the Object with only texture maps applied but without reflections. Next, you'll remove the texture maps and set the reflection values to 1,1,1.

Once done, you can go to COPs and use a Composite COP to add two images together though you will probably want to use a Brightness COP to adjust the intensity of the reflections.

I hope I have not misunderstood what you're asking for.

Cheers!
steven
phoenix1606
Hi

Thanks for the help! Only problem is that I created my own shader in VOPs where I attached a Wood Plank VOP to the color input of the Output VOP. The Wood Plank VOP has reflections integrated into it, so I don't know how to turn off the texture while maintaining the reflections. Please advise. Thanks!

phoenix1606
stevenong
Hey,

Instead of using the Wood Plank shader you created, you can use a VEX Super Material SHOP for rendering the reflections (Reflection = 1,1,1). When you're rendering with the Wood Plank shader, just remember to set reflection to 0.

Cheers!
steven
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.