Fatal Error message with latest Mac build 9.5.353

6543   9   2
33 posts
Hi,
with the latest Mac build every time I create a sphere and apply the shatter node Houdini crashes and I get a 'Fatal Error" dialogue box. This didnt happen in the previous version. Also when is the maddening problem with IU going to be fixed. At some stage when using Houdini the interface screws up icons disappear leaving black boxes. This has been a problem for a long time now. Does anyone running Houdini on a Mac have no problems what so ever. If so could you tell me your set up.

Thanks

Simon

Intel Mac Pro 2.66 dual core
OSX 10.5.6
5gigs ram

GeForce 7300 GT
52 posts
I also have strange interface redraw stuff going on occasionally, but I think that the version im using(9.5.337) at the moment is nice and stable…

System Version: Mac OS X 10.5.6
Hardware: macbook pro 15" 2.5 GHz, 4GB 667 MHz ram, GeForce 8600M GT 512 MB
2624 posts
I had the same problem on windows , create sphere > crash , try another build. Yes osx houdini has some tab menu issues , ie they just go blank. No doubt a fix will come out soon

rob
Gone fishing
349 posts
circusmonkey
Yes osx houdini has some tab menu issues , ie they just go blank.

This also happens with Windows.

EDIT: Actually this happens everytime I try and type out a vex super materialSHOP.

2624 posts
Odd , I have never had a problem with windows tab menus only osx

Rob
Gone fishing
26 posts
hmm.

I have the same issue with my system. I just hit tab and type as i know what nodes I want but this could be extremely frustrating for someone who would like to know what operations are available in the menus .

$New user would == stuck! like a stick in the mud!

I hope that gets fixed soon cause my spelling sucks. (thank god for auto complete) :wink:
7710 posts
I don't see any problems on Windows. I'd try moving aside your $HOME/houdini9.5 directory and having the prefs rebuild.
26 posts
edward
I don't see any problems on Windows. I'd try moving aside your $HOME/houdini9.5 directory and having the prefs rebuild.

*I am on OSX though. I have had this issue for a few builds. I have rebuild my prefs a few times and gave up. the problem doesnt bother me too much I just resigned to think that it would be fixed at some point in the near future.
7710 posts
Sorry, I was responding to ragupasta
26 posts
edward
Sorry, I was responding to ragupasta

No problem Edward. Good to note the though(prefs flush).
  • Quick Links