Newb Question on Animation

4055   2   0
85 posts
Hi,

I've got two questions on “strange” behaviour of Houdini.

1. If I want to move a pivot, I select it, press “Inss” and then I should be able to freely move it around. But even though I haven't toggled on any snapping, my pivot seems to be snapping on various points, so it's a real pain to get the pivot right where I want it to be.

2. I want to keyframe e.g. the rotation of an object. So I select the frame, go to the parameter, do ALT+ LMB but instead of showing the amount of transformation, it says “bezier()” in all the parameter's value fields.
I think I accidently turned on some functinallity/ mode, but how can I get rid of it again?

Thanks for any hints!
11 posts
Hi,

there is not much to say about your first issue, but pressing INS to move the pivot works for me without any snapping (if snapping is deactivated).

The second issue is the normal behaviour. If you click on the label of your parameter it toggles between the actual value and the interpolation function which can be seen - if you scope your channel (SHIFT MMB) - in the Channel Editor. For further information there is a good tutorial on CHOP's at http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1052&Itemid=257 [sidefx.com]

br.
Chris
85 posts
Danke!

Another thing I noticed is the strange snapping seemed to occur because of “CapsLock” beeing pressed (my keyboard unfotunately dosn't give any visual feedback on that matter).
  • Quick Links