Point values are choped off!

7759   11   0
34 posts
Hello!

In the curve parameter pane I have entered, 1,0.5,0
The point thus should be situated between the bars, insted it lies on the coordinate axis.
I didn't have this problem under windows. Now on ubuntu 9.04 it seams the decimal places are truncated.

Any suggestions?
Edited by - June 9, 2009 15:20:39
4140 posts
Don't have that problem here on 10.0.274 on SUSE Linux. Something like this, probably best to post a hip file.

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
34 posts
The hip file below is a save of the scene I have the problem in.

The scene, in this case the func_plotter geo node with the curve in it, is generated via a python script.

When I start a new scene and enter coordinates by hand everything works fine.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments:
problem.hipnc (34.6 KB)

4140 posts
Well, obviously the issue of using a python script to create it is relevant! I load that file, it looks correct here(doesn't look like your posted picture), so I'm not sure where the problem lies. Just off the top of my head, perhaps some sort of cooking problem with whatever code you're running? If you load the file you posted, it should look correct, which doesn't really provide any information. If it *doesn't* look correct, then yeah, something's up your end. Try renaming your $HOME/houdini10.0 folder and starting again just to ensure you haven't overwritten something critical.

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
34 posts
I just redownloaded by previously uploaded file and tada the point is at the right place. But I have (sometimes) weird display errors, namely no grid in the viewport, the swatch color of the curve node is black, sometimes it is red.

I will try the houdini rename trick to reset my settings.

By the way, the script is a mathematical function plotter and worked perfectly under windows., weird.
34 posts
Mhh okay,
as soon as I run a pyqt scipt in houdini I get the previously described behaviour. So the problem lies not within my python script itself, but probably with my pyqt installation.

I will test somemore, don't hesitate to help me

Edit:
Reinstalled houdini! Didn't help

Is there a houdini debug modus?

I tried turning off compiz, no help either.
34 posts
As I already stated in my previous post, even if I execute the normal FontDialog example of pyqt I get the error and my viewport changes black.

After the error occures and I try to draw a simple curve with the curve tool I get the error message, when a middle mouse click over the curve sop.
An error occured while processing “0,0,0 …”
Is there a way I can see what exactly the error is?
Edited by - June 9, 2009 15:21:22
34 posts
Further research:

Okay, here is an interesting problem:
With my GUI, the sources are available in the prevoius post, I tried to plot the function f(x) = x². Very simple stuff.

Well, what I get is this:

My value table, doesn't acually show the inputed curve points. It show the actual points displayed.

Can't someboy help on this one?

The problem must lie within pyqt, normal python scripts run perfectly!

Thanks!
34 posts
Okay,

I just reinstalled Ubuntu 9.04 from 64bit to 32bit and the problem still exists.

If anyone has any input, don't hesitate to post here!
7710 posts
Your .hip file doesn't show the result of your python code and so we can't easily judge what the problem is. It's unlikely that anyone is willing to debug python code. Anyhow, I've attached a simple example without python to do this. As a bonus, I've added a way to do 3D implicit functions.

Attachments:
parabola.hip (50.9 KB)

34 posts
Thanks for the hip file!
It's not that I don't know how to achieve this in Houdini, well, now I know for sure but I was going to do some heavy GUI programming in houdini and if houdini shows strange behaviour after I have executed my pyqt script houdini becomes unpredictable and thus creating an environment where its is hard to test my scripts.

Perhaps ubunutu 9.04 isn't the best solution …

Also, the problem doesn't lie within my python script it is that every python script which uses the pyqt module exhibits this strange behaviour!
34 posts
Okay,

it would be nice if the linux guys could try this on their machine:

Whenever I load houdini into my current terminal and navigate to the houdini folder and type:
source houdini_setup
the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is changed, directing to the houdini internal library files. Thus if I want to run gedit in the same terminal window I get:

gedit: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libgio-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol: g_thread_gettime

Also when trying to import the gtk module from python I get within houdini:
ImportError: /var/lib/python-support/python2.5/gtk-2.0/glib/_glib.so: undefined symbol: g_assertion_message

All of these errors are somehow related to the lib path being changed. It still is not clear if this has anything to do with my original problem, but it might be.

Do other linux users experience similar behavior? Does somebody know a solution?

Thank you very much!
  • Quick Links