dynamics + flipbook = crash

5367   3   0
16 posts
If I have a simple animation, flipbook works fine.
If I am using a DOP network whether with fluids or just Rigid bodies, as soon as I hit “Accept” in the Flipbook dialog I get a “Fatal Error” window as well as a console message telling me there has been a Segmentation Fault.
This happens even after a simulation has been cached and the file node is set explicitly to read files.
It also happens whether I am asking the flipbook to output to “ip” or if I am specifying to save the files.
It shouldn't be a memory issue, as I have plenty, plus I am only asking flipbook to knock out a pretty small image size.
This is with 10.0.249.3 on WinXP 64bit.

Any thoughts?
710 posts
There is a known bug in H10, where if you have anti-aliasing enabled for the flipbook it will crash. Maybe this is what you're running into?
16 posts
Nope, that wasn't it.
However I just tried a new scene, added a fluid particle and now it is working as expected… :?:
There were 2 scenes I was having an issue with, one with particle fluids, the other with just RBD.
Mayhaps I just had something corrupt in those files?
Dunno, but it is working ok in my current test scene.
156 posts
Could also be you ran out of memory. It takes a lot of memory to cache the sim AND the flipbook. If you lack sufficient funds, you crash and burn. Save out the sim to disk should help.
“In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
  • Quick Links