Network Rendering setup

3727   3   1
33 posts
Hello there.

I was trying to to setup our network to take advantage of the “mantra -H”, but im getting an error message. Baically I have 2 machines (woody and buzz, woody is the localhost), im logged into both as an administrator. The two machines are finding each other fine. When I use

mantra -H “woody,buzz” - I get the right result. To test whether buzz is doing its job i type

mantra -H “buzz” - Thats when I get a message that tells me something like “the string/pipe conection is broken” and nothing happens

If I type mantra -H “woody” it works fine.

are there any special network settings that need to be specified? buzz is already running hserver.

Im using win2K

Thanks a lot for your help
Rudy
Rudy Cortes
TDChannel [tdchannel.com]
221 posts
Two thoughts:

1) You don't need the quotes around the hostnames. I don't know if this is causing your problem, but you don't need them.

2) You need to have hserver running and healthy on buzz and woody. On buzz, type hserver -l at the command line to see if it is working. If it is then you have a different problem. If not, type hserver by itself to start the hserver.

Dave
33 posts
I tried what you recomended, hserver is running fine on the other machine. Im still getting an error message when I try to render wiht remote hosts.

I'll give the docs a good thorough read and I'll let you guys know if I find a solution

Thanks for your help

Rudy
Rudy Cortes
TDChannel [tdchannel.com]
221 posts
Can you render a simple generic scene with the -H option? Or are all scenes not rendering?

If some will and some won't, there's something wrong with your geometry. Otherwise, it's your setup.

Dave
  • Quick Links