the rocket tutorial !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5504   6   1
15 posts
hey guys i have completed the rocket tutorial that you can get off the houdini site and im well chuffed but now i want to turn it into an avi file is their anyone who can tell me the steps that i have to go through to do this. thanks

cheers todge

explain well people
Todge
Staff
3455 posts
do a search for ‘mcp’ on this forum
and/or read the entry for “mcp” in the StandAlone.fmk.pdf in the docs folder.

make sure that there are no spaces in the path to your rendered files:
c:\my rendered images\pic.0001.pic > this is BAD!
c:\myRenderedImages\pic.0001.pic > this is GOOD!
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
225 posts
so what's the deal with the backslash thingie “\” :? i'm getting it too
Staff
3455 posts
hmm…
are you using linux?…I'm getting them here at work but not on my Windows box at home…
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
1631 posts
Hi guys,

The \ thingie is happening due to the Japanese language pack installed for your browser. It happens on both WIndows & Linux if I'm not wrong.

Cheers!
steven
Staff
3455 posts
ah yes…seems we have the language pack installed at work…
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
10 posts
hey todge, see the post in this forum titled ‘render to disk’; it's an old post (i replied to bring it forward) but it has VERY good info, thanks to edward. Go to 3dbuzz forums and look around in the houdini forums; there's a small discussion going on; i've been asking for, and getting, some very good help for this tutorial file. I've posted a small movie file of the rocket tutorial I made. I'm going to post another here soon with some of the changes I've made recently (illuminating exhaust, mostly). Anyways, have fun and let's see what you've done when you're done.

edit: todge, you might wish to post similar questions/problems in one topic/thread. I just read through 3 different threads all asking the same thing. If you have further questions, just keep posting in the one thread. Just an idea…that way others that may be having the same issues won't have to go looking around; everything will be in the one thread.
Never ask a man where he's from. If he's from Texas, he'll tell you soon enough. If he ain't, don't embarass him.
  • Quick Links