Mem Leak Houdini 6.1 R 128

4087   5   0
405 posts
Hey Guys,

I think there is a memory leak in the Houdini 6.1 R 128 with the Polysplit or fuse. I think it is on the Polysplit though. Houdini went from using 376 megs of ram to around 4 gigs of ram when doing polysplits and fuse. The program seemed to really come down to a halt during the polysplits so I think they are the problem. I was basically watching the ram interactively climb in a matter of minutes. There is no way 20 polysplits/fuses could warrent such a incline in mem. Also when I saved the file and opened it back up the memory droped down to around 376 again. I was able to keep it up on Linux to analyze it. Windows did not last more than 2 minutes before the program died. Just giving you guys a heads up to a potential problem.

Cheers,
Nate Nesler :wink:
276 posts
Hi Nate,

Thanks for the report. Is there a hip file we can download or a series of steps to try to reproduce this?

Thanks again,
George.
405 posts
Yeah I can give you the hip file just give me an email address or something non public to send it to you in and I will make it avaible for you to download.

Cheers,
Nate Nesler

Yeah basically try doing polysplits or fuse it won't take long at all.
276 posts
Hi Nate,

You can post it to anonymous ftp at ftp://ftp.sidefx.com/incoming.

Thanks
George.
276 posts
Oh also, please let me know what the filename is.

Thanks
George.
405 posts
umm the ftp link came back saying service not known. I was using gftp. also when I clicked the link it did not work too. Could you just send me an email at nan2a@mtsu.edu and I will send you a link to the file to download it.

Cheers,
Nate Nesler
  • Quick Links