Indirect render pass

9738   4   1
34 posts
Hi! I tried to render a sphere with sss shader and 2 planes: red and yellow.
I am interesting in indirect diffuse pass. Rendering using pbr takes to much time. Is there any ways to speed up the render time or methods to render indirect light without pbr?

Cheers, Anton!

Attachments:
render.jpg (84.5 KB)

2624 posts
Maybe you could use illumination loops in your surface shader to extract your lighting. If you do a search over at odforce or here you will find plenty of examples kicking around

r
Gone fishing
34 posts
Yea! I learned some topics about it, but illuminance loop, as i understand, is using to export light pass from any source of light(area, point, spot) but i need to export light that reflected from another object in scene as single pass without pbr. Maybe you can give any advice or direction how to solve it!

Attachments:
pbr1.jpg (57.5 KB)

17 posts
I would try to go for this one
http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini10.0/nodes/vop/vgather [sidefx.com]
Gather loop “Sends rays into the scene and contains a subnetwork of VOPs to operate on the information gathered from the shaders of surfaces hit by the rays.”
Looks rather promising.
8542 posts
Antonios
Yea! I learned some topics about it, but illuminance loop, as i understand, is using to export light pass from any source of light(area, point, spot) but i need to export light that reflected from another object in scene as single pass without pbr. Maybe you can give any advice or direction how to solve it!

since vex gi light shader is a light shader it is evaluated as light in illuminance loop and gives back GI pass as color, if you set bg color to black and mode to full irradience or pathtracing, then you'll get just reflected light from other objects.
And you can also use irradiance cache to speed it up
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
  • Quick Links