Search - User list
Full Version: Texture problem
Root » Technical Discussion » Texture problem
anneh
I have a model that I have been projecting a few different textures on using UV Project in Houidni 6.0. Only the front and head currently have UVs projected and textures assigned, the rest of the model is still grayshaded and the specular highlight option is turned off.

I notice some artifacting when I dolly in or rotate the model in the viewport, protions of the surface become clear and distort a bit. The model renders just fine though. I was curious to know if this is a common OpenGL or graphics card issue(I am using an NVidia card). It does not really affect my work thus far, it s just sort of weirdly distracting…anyone else notice this or am I just lucky… :shock:
tallkien
Quite common with nvidia cards on windows. This has nothing to do with Textures.
I believe you need to adjust your camera's near clipping plane from 0.001 to something like 0.1 or 0.01, not sure which. Either that or you need to adjust it in the viewport display options
deecue
yea, talkien is right..very common with nvidia cards..

set your clipping plane to .1 in your viewport display.. make sure to save that as your default setup. then create a new camera and go to your camera param. and set it to .1 in there and use the drop down menu to save as temporary default. now when you create new cams or new files, it should not revert back to clipping again.

hth,
dave
anneh
Thanks, I was rather puzzled as it was not a problem everytime I opened the file, like some weird bug. Good to know it isn't a big deal!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.