Search - User list
Full Version: Select Paste Method for Expressions (Staircase 2 tutorial)
Root » Technical Discussion » Select Paste Method for Expressions (Staircase 2 tutorial)
subvisual
I am new to houdini and am working through the tutorials on the web site. I am working on the Staircase 2 tutorial which was original recorded for 5.5. There is a section of the tutorial where the guy copies a parameter (Rotate Y) and paste into the Duplicate node in the number of copies box and it brings up a select paste method, when I do this the select paste method dialogue does not appear, can anyone help? Thanks.
tallkien
Depends on how you're trying to copy the channel. If you did RMB-> Copy Parameter then simply go to the channel you want to paste to RMB-> Paste relative or whatever. I think the pop-up appears only when you drag and drop

RMB+Parameters brings up a floating parameter pane for the object you want to copy a channel from. Highlight the channel value you want to copy and simply drag to the correct channel in the docked parameter pane (of the object you want to paste into). That should bring up the paste method dialog.
subvisual
That is exactly what I am doing but the dialogue box does not appear, I emailed sidefx and they told me that the method had not changed. I box select the value and then click and drag to the parameter and it just copies the number into the field, no dialogue box. I dont mind being hung up on really difficult task but something this simple is just irritating. Any other ideas?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.