Car Paint with image planes

6908   6   0
190 posts
I'm searching for a metallic car paint shader. The otl that's in exchange is great but i can't get any image planes out of it. (like diffuse, paint, specular, reflections)
Best would be to write a shader myself but i'm a noob when it comes to shader writing. In the vex builder i can get around a bit.
If anyone has some tips, they are more then welcome.

Rudi
295 posts
If it allows you to edit it, you could go into the network (or code I suppose if you prefer) and add the exportable parameters yourself. Just add a parameter node to the appropriate place, mark it for exporting, and not visible, and you should be good to go.
Houdini Models [learning3dfromscratch.blogspot.com]
190 posts
jimc
If it allows you to edit it

If only it did. Unfortunatelly that's the problem.
2624 posts
Ive not seen this shader but what about drop a default shader , RMB on the vop shaders output and view the code . Look how the exports have been written. Then try and apply to the car paint shader.

Rob
Gone fishing
190 posts
circusmonkey
Ive not seen this shader but what about drop a default shader , RMB on the vop shaders output and view the code . Look how the exports have been written. Then try and apply to the car paint shader.

Thanks Rob, i know how to export the different variables for use in image planes, that part is not a problem. The problem is the car paint otl is closed, and i can not enter in it. So i'dd have to make one myself and that's quite a daunting task. (for the moment)
I did find a metalic shader thread by JR Gauthier that's helpfull: http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=17846&highlight=metallic [sidefx.com]
His shader is not closed so I think i will take a better look at how he did his, that will be helpfull i think.
2624 posts
Hi the code is fully available look at the tab titled code for the otl !

r
Gone fishing
190 posts
circusmonkey
Hi the code is fully available look at the tab titled code for the otl !
r

The code is available, but i don't understand that, i only know how to do this in the Vex builder.
  • Quick Links