question on character modeling

4873   6   1
313 posts
I am planning to build a human body in Houdini. Does anyone where I can find tuturial about making a human face in Houdini? Could polygonal model be a good choice? Or Subdivision surfaces?

How should I handle the cloth simulation in Houdini? Should I use the “spring” sop.

Please give me some advice!

thanks!
405 posts
Hey Dude,

Yeah there is a video tutorial full on how to do facial character model on www.3dbuzz.com look in the houdini section. You have to be a member of 3D Buzz but sign up is free and there are no fees of any kind. They are also hosting a free Houdini Course. Check it out.

Cheers,
Nate Nesler
5 posts
Yeah,
It seems we got the same issue.

I am just starting now, how did you model your body???

Cheers,

Pietro
405 posts
Well For the body I studied my own body and pictures from www.fineart.sk and I got the anatomy CDs from www.PrimalPictures.com they have student pricing its not that bad. This was the workflow!

http://odforce.net/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=19&t=941&s=6cfd015fdc269f6a822077f53860fca1 [odforce.net]

Cheers,
Nate Nesler
5 posts
Thanks Nate

That will definelty help,

However, because is my first animation, would you have something more basic to follow?

I don`t need to reproduce human being, my character is based on humans because has two arms, legs and a head. Proportions might vary…

Thanks

ermete
313 posts
Thanks MatrixMan! Your information are very useful for me!

I do want to make a realistic head. How about textures? Does anyone have any idea of where i can find tutorials about applying human face 's textures on subdivision surfaces and polygonal UV mapping?

How about cloth simulation? How would Houdini help when doing cloth simulation?

Thank you for your attention!
405 posts
Yeah Spring Sop is the way to go again 3D Buzz!
http://www.sidefx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1818 [sidefx.com]

Cheers,
Nate Nesler
  • Quick Links