Mantra problems... Losing my mind!!! :(

3491   4   1
4 posts
Hello, I posted this on the OdForce forum too, but there doesn't seem to be too much action on there recently so thought I'd ask here too if that's ok?

I'm fairly competent with Houdini but today I've come across a problem which has baffled me and wondered if anyone could help?

I have Houdini HD 10.0.595 installed on a Macbook, runs perfectly fine, all licenses paid for and uptodate, never had a problem with it before and been using it for a year, rendering HD res images. Came to render a frame today, set up cameras and mantra nodes, hit render - the render progress window appears sometimes, but not all, and when it does it hangs - for over an hour sometimes with nothing actually happening. It doesn't matter what resolution I set for rendering, which camera I use and I've tried most settings.

I've been watching the activity monitor (task manager) which shows Mantra is running when I hit render, which it is, even when the render progress window doesn't pop up. So, I just leave it running and nothing ever comes of it. I have also had “Exit Code 3” errors, which I know are licensing problems but I have all the licenses installed

I have just noticed something - when I hit render, I went into license manager and checked whether the Licenses were in use and who was using them - The Houdini licenses were in use, by me, as usual, but, even though mantra was running, it said no-one was using the Render license

Any ideas? I'm stumped and so frustrated!

Sarah
2624 posts
Can you post up a scene file to be de-bugged showing the problem

Rob
Gone fishing
4 posts
I don't think this will help as it doesn't happen on every copy of Houdini only the one with paid for licenses on the mac… It's a License problem but I can't seem to solve it…
2624 posts
So a non commercial file will render and a commercial one will not on the same machine ?.
Gone fishing
2199 posts
Have you installed any other software recently? When weird stuff suddenly starts happening to a program that has been working I generally look at what else has changed on the system.
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
  • Quick Links