questions about area light

4014   7   1
191 posts
I have some questions concerning the use of area lights for raytracing.

1. It seems that the area samples driving the light and shadow quality (raytraced shadows). Is there a way to decouple light samples and shadow samples?

2. Is there an easy solution to get the shadow a color tint rather to just control the shadow intensity?

Thanks
2624 posts
2. Is there an easy solution to get the shadow a color tint rather to just control the shadow intensity?

From a lighting point of view your shadow intensity should always be 1 . If your shadows are to dark and need tint then add fill lights in your scene.

rob
Gone fishing
1390 posts
roughsporty

Not other then custom shadow shader.
191 posts
So, how would I be setup this light with a custom shadow shader?

SYmek
roughsporty

1390 posts
roughsporty
So, how would I be setup this light with a custom shadow shader?
SYmek
roughsporty

by adding “shop_shadowpath” parameter to this light. This allows you yo apply your shader to a light.
242 posts

In the surface shader you can “cheat” it by testing isshadowray() and set Of to be 1-yourShadowColor if true.
191 posts
If I understand it correctly I have to go inside my surface shader of my object which cast the shadow?

But that would mean if I have 2 area lights and one surface shader I only have the control for “one” shadow.

Can you give me an example?

Thanks

mawi
In the surface shader you can “cheat” it by testing isshadowray() and set Of to be 1-yourShadowColor if true.
1390 posts
mawi

Aren't the occluded objects becoming semi-transparent?
  • Quick Links