Houdini Seg Fault on Opening Scene Files!

3485   5   1
405 posts
Hey All,

Houdini Seg Faults everytime I open a scene file. Yikes! Its just started doing this today. I took off to go to class I came back houdini was not running anymore and no matter what scene file no matter how many times I install or uninstall I can not get Houdini not to seg fault. Houdini Version 6.1.199 honestly it seg faulted on all the versions. What could do this?

Cheers,
Nate Nesler
225 posts
open another file that doesn't crash and then open the one you want. if nothing works delete *.pref in your #home/houdini6.1 folder
405 posts
Hey,

I did not find any .pref files in the windows when I did a search so I just deleted my whole $Home/Houdini6.1 from my windows. No matter what older scene file I loaded including ones from 6.1.199 the 6.1.199 crashes with no error message other than that it found a fatal error. Seg fault. Ironically I can save a scene file and then open it but none of my several hundred other scene files will now load that I was using this version with earlier today. I don't get it.

Cheers,
Nate Nesler
405 posts
Hey All,

A registery must have gotten corrupted in windows because the files open fine on my parents computer. I am going to reinstall windows 2000 pro.

Cheers,
Nate Nesler
225 posts
on windows your $HOME folder is usually in Documents and Settings/username
405 posts
Hey,

Yeah I found it yesterday and delete the pref files it still did not work so I deleted the whole folder nope. It did fix the color problem though. So I figure it must be a registery that has gone bad. I am not about to fire up reg edit and try to figure out with which registery went nuts and fix it. So I am going to just reinstall. Should fix the problem.

Cheers,
Nate Nesler

P.S. Thanks For Helping
  • Quick Links