houdini loading so slow

3792   3   0
70 posts
hi houdini used to work properly on my system last time i used it(nearly 6 months ago). i had tested versions 9.5 and 10. i had installed and uninstalled it like a million times and every time it worked well. but today that i installed it on the same pc with the same windows that i used to work before houdini was so slow loading that after waiting for a long time all i got was what you see in the screenshot below. i even reinstalled my windows but nothing changed.

:cry:

what's wrong?

Attachments:
untitled.JPG (114.1 KB)

Staff
181 posts
It seems like your $HOME/houdini10.0 directory might be corrupted, or it didn't create the icons successfully. Can you try deleting it or renaming it?
In windows it should be under user_name->My Documents->houdini10.0
70 posts
hi thanks silv but i don't think it is the case, i did what you said and as i had expected it didn't work. the problem is not just the buttons it is the speed it takes so long to get to that buttonless houdini. other programs function well as usual it is just houdini that is so slow and last year it used to work very fast. it's strange.
70 posts
problem solved. i did nothing but yesterday when i wanted to run another app i accidentally run houdini and it was fast like before. wired it is.
  • Quick Links