RFE: Blend SOP HudSlider naming...

3275   2   0
252 posts
It would be wonderful if we had an option to have the HudSliders created from a Blend SOP have names that reflect the input SOP that is relative to the slider.

For instance instead of always getting these names for the slider handles:
hudsliderobj/model/blend1/blend1
hudsliderobj/model/blend1/blend2
:
:

It would be great to have the slider names come up with labels like “Frown”, “Smile”, “EyeBlink” if that is what the relative input SOP node is named. Plus it would be great to have hudsliders created only for the number of input nodes. So if we are only wiring in 4 nodes, we should only get 4 sliders instead of 16, of which the last 12 do nothing.

Plus, how do we rename sliders? I thought I knew how to do this, but couldn't figure it out… I am running 6.1.200.

Cheers,
Craig
Staff
181 posts
Hi there!

The only way I know to rename the HUD sliders is by opening the handle list (under Pane).
Yes!! Inheriting the Sop names and only the number of inputs will make life much more beautiful!!
Cheers,
Silvina
412 posts
well for the blend, you could just drag in the input channels that you wanted at a time instead of just draging in the whole blend tag.. it wouldn't automatically update itself if you were to wire more things in to the blend, but you could just drag in the next blend input channel as a hudslider when needed.

or you could also just select the ones out of the 16 that you dont want and hit delete in the handle list.
Dave Quirus
  • Quick Links