'draw faded' in display options

5177   8   1
196 posts
Hi all,

I check the ‘draw faded’ for template geometry option in display options but it has no effect. Its probably my rubbish graphics card Thought I'd check though. Anyone had anything like this?

Ta
Henster

p.s. am i really writing 50mins into xmas day. argh!
Henster
7714 posts
Do you have a template flag on a SOP in your scene that also doesn't have the display flag turned on it?
196 posts
Yep. Template on, display off….

Henster
Henster
7714 posts
Really? You don't notice the darker/lighter template wireframes? I see it on my machine …
196 posts
Doh. I thought the faded setting applied to smooth shading and the faded wireframe was natural and unchangable.

Is there a way of getting a transparent smooth shading? Like the x-ray option in maya.

Thanks
Henster
Henster
7714 posts
Try applying a shader shop to your object and turning down the Alpha parameter in the shop's opengl parameters page. Now in the viewer, hit d and under the Misc tab, turn on Transparency.

There's no sorting of polygons however. To avoid such artifacts you will need to append a Sort SOP and sort the primtives from the (vector) direction of your camera object.
412 posts
at obj level, select your geo, right click, select x-ray. can only x-ray one geo with another. so if you have a sphere and a box merged in one geo. they will not work. have to be in seperate geo's.

hth,
dave

p.s. whats all this draw faded stuff? don't see it in my disp prop. new to 6.1?
Dave Quirus
1631 posts
Hey Dave,

Nope, the “Draw Faded” display option has been available since 5.0. The option is to display template geometry wireframe as grey which is the default. If it's turned off, the template geometry wireframe will be drawn as black.

You can find the option in the “Display Options” dialog (type ‘d’ in the viewport), Templates row of buttons, second from the right.

Cheers!
steven
412 posts
wow, i can't believe i have never seen that before. i couldn't even find it after you explained where it was. i thought you all were crazy. for some reason, i just kept passing over it. odd. cool tho.

thanks steven.
Dave Quirus
  • Quick Links