Can?Lt get CHOP switcher to work in channel editor

4326   3   1
58 posts
Can?Lt get CHOP switcher to work in channel editor
Hi
I wanted to try manipulate channel but can?Lt get it work with CHOP switcher in channel editor
Those are steps I did
1) I turn on switcher in channel editor,than select ch1,the only one

2)Than that particular CHOP OP,in this case export of car?Ls tx (tx imported with fetch)

3)In channel editor from parameter chooser I selected under object car/translation

4)Than turned on Live buton in CE

5)I read Interface/Channel Editor from help menu
I did exactly as written,but can?Lt get any changes

Any suggestion?

Best regards,
Ben
Best regards,
Ben
4140 posts
Yes, I've noticed some odd behaviour with Switch too - some sort of extra layer of buffering going on. I believe it's a bug.

As a workaround, I've found that if I feed a dummy input(just throw a Wave CHOP at it) as the first input, then make the hand animated channel the second input(#1), it seems to behave better. Sometimes even then I need to “give it a kick” and swap the first two channels back and forth a couple of times…

There's something a little “recursive-ish” about all this(although it isn't really ), so you should expect some stuttering when editing the channel. It should play back alright, though.

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
7709 posts
I think that this *is* recursive. The Fetch CHOP attempts to fetch the latest channel contents and then the channel editor will try to update the currently selected keys relative to the CHOP track.

I really don't think the LIVE mode is of any use except for realtime puppeteering.
4140 posts
Oh sry - I meant to say that I didn't use the live mode. ops:

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
  • Quick Links