Search - User list
Full Version: Rigging Contraints and Curls
Root » Technical Discussion » Rigging Contraints and Curls
MatrixNAN
Hey All,

Ok I am trying to figure out how to do a finger curl for my rig through either the interface or hands on controls. I would prefer both actually to allow for the most flexability for the animator. I am going to post this file for everyone once I have it working.

http://janis.mtsu.edu/~nesler/Files/Rigs/FootRig_19.zip [janis.mtsu.edu]

Ok so here is the problem the bones are controled by the CHOPS so I thought of either pasting a reference into the
/obj/KIN_Chops/KIN_R_PromximalPhalanxIndexFingerBone /obj/KIN_Chops/KIN_R_PromximalPhalanxIndexFingerBone

rz section to create a bend for the finger from either the goal rotation or the slider float variable R_IndexBend. This does not seem to be working. I was wondering if a greater mind out there knows why and or what to do to get the desired effect.

Cheers,
Nate Nesler
edward
Can just use No Kinematics for the finger bones? Make each finger segment's rx (or ry) rotation depend on its parent segment.
MatrixNAN
Hey Edward,

I figured it out. I can set the Set Scope for the Chop by right clicking and then drap the channels I can to be able to manipulate from left to right box and then I can have full access to them. Works. The hand Clenching works for the Pinky and Ring Finger Nicely. Will probably have the whole thing done by tomarrow hopefully then I will post.

Cheers,
Nate Nesler
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.