set point xyz

3249   2   2
58 posts
1. i tried using npoints,point etc. they're all only return value. then if i need to control the position of points/vertices of my obj using HSCRIPT(not using edit OP). what command(hscript) should i use to have raw access for setting the x,y,z of points?

2. how can i monitor all the operations (create obj, delete, pan etc) that i do in graphical mode and view them as scipts (like in maya). can i do this?

3. i want to make my own alias for some hscript command and will be executed when starting houdini, which config files that i have to deal with?

clay~
321 posts
clay
1. i tried using npoints,point etc. they're all only return value. then if i need to control the position of points/vertices of my obj using HSCRIPT(not using edit OP). what command(hscript) should i use to have raw access for setting the x,y,z of points?

Modifying of geometry can be done only in SOPs. Houdini's paradigm is that of geometry “filters”, each filter taking in geometry, doing something to it, and spitting it out. Maya's, on the other hand, is more like you have one geometry, and then a bunch of operators that tweak what's there. The operators are as simple as modelling operations, ergo your “move a point from here to there”.
2. how can i monitor all the operations (create obj, delete, pan etc) that i do in graphical mode and view them as scipts (like in maya). can i do this?
Not nearly as easily. While I love Maya's feature of dumping whatever you do graphically into the MEL window, I've found only occasional need for this kind of scripting.
3. i want to make my own alias for some hscript command and will be executed when starting houdini, which config files that i have to deal with?

clay~
How about the ‘alias’ command? They're stored within the .hip file, or, if there's a ‘setup.cmd’ file in your houdini/scripts directory, then it will source that on startup.

– Antoine
Antoine Durr
Floq FX
antoine@floqfx.com
please send your pictures to the forum .
  • Quick Links