Please critique my senior project ! :)

6916   7   1
56 posts
http://vimeo.com/33248880 [vimeo.com]

I go to SCAD and this is what I did for one of my senior project.
I am trying to re-render everything in high quality and fix some other problems during my winter break.

I made the snow stack with particle fluid surface .. but is there any better way to have the stacked snow looking?
I tried colliding snow particle on the loof, but it takes forever to collect particle that looks like it's stacked..

any kind of critiques will be VERY appreciated !!!
lighting.. texturing, shading, particle animation, camera movement… or .. just ANYTHING!
thank you !!
66 posts
Very good work Json, I specially like the mood and the castle model is very nice.

Did you use PBR for the render??
NicoZ
56 posts
Thank you and no, I didn't use PBR render… as I don't know much about rendering options yet. I use Micropolygon rendering.
Staff
181 posts
Extra points for having a Calvin and Hobbes book on the shelf! :wink:
696 posts
Very nice! I just feel like the camera stays still for too long… I would look into keeping that dolly going for the duration of the animation, a continuous tracking shot. Not sure if the long pauses are because of the song's duration, but they feel long.
The last shot could benefit from a bit more contrast too, I think, maybe the objects inside the glass and the glass itself could be a tid bit brighter than the rest of the scene.
But of course, you can ignore me completely, I might as well be wrong about it all!

Good job!
Toronto - ON
My Houdini playground [renderfarm.tumblr.com]
“As technology advances, the rendering time remains constant.”
56 posts
heh I agree with you i will work more on the lighting and make the snow globe looks like it is illuminating itself more ! also actually my professor gave me same opinion about the camera movement. I will work on that too.. thank you
383 posts
Hi

Agree with rafaels about the camera movement. The rythm could be softer.
The windows of the sand castle start emiting light too soon IMHO. Give the time to the dark to come !
For the last part of the anim. The ball looks a bit lost. Since it's the main object of the scene, eyes have to focus on it. So the choice of the environnement colors have to be wise. For the moment, eyes focus on the white book first ( with the light at the bottom)and the bear and the red horse.
Maybe should you choose first the main light of the scene which will give you the key light. A good key, make things easier to read. Take care of the balance of your shot : the ball is to much at the center I think … Take time to add some specific lighting and shading for your ball. Finally …

Merry Xmas !

++

Vincent
http://vimeo.com/vbkstudio [vimeo.com]
1 posts
You project is wonderful!
http://aziatransbud.com.ua [aziatransbud.com.ua]
  • Quick Links