edit soft radius and visibility

2687   2   0
412 posts
i was wondering if it's possible to edit points with a soft radius and have it not affect points of geometry i turn off in a visibility sop.

so for example, i am modeling some fingers and want the soft radius to be big enough to effect the length of the finger. but to set it this high, it would affect the fingers next to it. so i threw down a visibility sop and selected the other fingers (which helps a lot when working on the fingers), but would like my soft radius on the finger i'm editing not to affect those other hidden fingers.

is there a way this could be implemented in a future version? i don't care if there's a solution directly related to hidden geometry or the visibility sop, just maybe a soft radius edit that would only effect certain geometry i tell it to..
maybe a work around now that i may not be aware of.

thanks everyone,
dave
Dave Quirus
7709 posts
Hmmm … maybe you can put down a Delete SOP and delete all the geometry but the fingers. Copy/paste the delete sop and toggle the Operation parameter. So now you have split your model into two exclusive parts. Do all your edits on the fingers now. After that, merge your last edit with the rest of the body. Append a Fuse after the merge.
412 posts
not a bad idea.. maybe a few more sops that i had originally was wanting but definitely a workaround that i could use.. not like this situation would come up all that often so def is a doable approach..

thanks edward.
Dave Quirus
  • Quick Links