Houdini 12 gold Flip slover non sdf emitter

3227   3   1
17 posts
Guys, I was using the Houdini 12 beta, and now that the gold is available
It seems that the flip fluids set up is completely revamped.
Is there anyway to still emit flip fluids particles with out having to use an sdf.
The sdf slow things to the grown.
any answer will be greatly appreciate it, this change broke some major tools we had, and we are trying to recreate this as fast as possible in the gold version.
Staff
809 posts
The Particle Fluid Emitter is still available and should work as in previous versions, just plug it into the second input of the FLIP Solver. The code to set up the emitter from the shelf is still there as well, so you can get the old behavior from a custom shelf tool with the following code:

import doptoolutils
doptoolutils.particlefluidAddEmitterOrSink(kwargs, “emitter”)

The SDF-based emitters should actually be a good bit faster as you move to higher particle counts. If you run a sim with an SDF-based emitter with the performance monitor active, where is the time going?
17 posts
thanks!, I'll give that a try.
Another question I have is before I was able to tag which particles had collided with a surface but I was un-able to do this at the dop level, I had to go into the pop solver that came with the old set up and use a pop_collision node to tag the particles collided.

How can I do this at the dop level, instead of using the collision pop which is not volume based?

all the particles are hidden under the geometry object in dops but I have no idea how to get data in our out of there.
I know how to do this with in rdbs because each object only contains one object but in this casa there is on object with a long list of particles.
36 posts
use the new one,,much faster than the “old flip” in beta, and also easy to use…just like you use the new pyro.
  • Quick Links