H12 cloth pintoanimation att not updated during sim ?

7182   5   2
113 posts
Hi,

I just watched the H10 masterclass on cloth and was playing with the provided examples in H12, some are broken, especially those using the pintoanimation to release an object during the sim.

Even with all the “capabilities” on on the cloth solver, the pintoanimation attribute stays the same as the first frame when I look in the detail view.

Any help on this ?

Cheers,
Vincent

ps : by the way it would be nice if those examples were updated for H12 and added to the help. I noticed some of the docs examples concerning different areas are broken and could use some update as well.
113 posts
Here is one of the faulty example, the flattened box is supposed to leave the path and get simulated.

Attachments:
deformer.hip (248.2 KB)

76 posts
I'm not sure if this is the intended way to do this, but I had similar problems and used a sopsolver w/ point sop to bring the attribute in to dops.
113 posts
Hi, thanks for the quick answer, sop solver can do anything but would be great not having to use it for this.

Cheers
31 posts
Huh. Yeah, it doesn't seem like you can have animated attributes on your source geometry any more without pulling it in via a Sop Solver.
Facebook [facebook.com] | Twitter [twitter.com] | Google+ [plus.google.com]
Staff
429 posts
In H12 you need to use a SOP solver setup when animating attributes with cloth.
This allows animating attributes to work even when the simulation geometry has changing topology.
In many cases you won't have to pull anything in though.
You can animate the attributes right inside the SOP solver, instead of using a “point” expression.

Michiel
  • Quick Links