Active object delete.

3976   4   1
197 posts
How could I delete an object after being active a certain amount of time? I use Active object node to activate the sim on my fractured objects, and want to delete them after a certain amount of time.
112 posts
One of the solutions.

Attachments:
del_active_obj.hipnc (235.5 KB)

197 posts
After reviewing your method I realized I could use the point expression in the activation value, this greatly improved on my prior method of activating objects now i can simulate 1000 in the time i could previously simulate 100, Thanks heaps! To give you an Idea of the affect I'm doing I'll explain: A ground that crumbles as a character is running away from it. It sounds simple but is pretty detailed, I'll do a WIP soon.
197 posts
Could you explain the part where you grab the active value.
112 posts
1)Number of scattered points (input to voronoie) == Number of fractured object created by voronoie sop

2)There is a relation between voronoi cell point number and fractured object number. Point num 0 creates fractured object which is piece0 in dops. Point number 1 create s fractured object which is piece1 in dops and so on.

3)Go to dops turn on details view and just click on the name of objects, in the right window of details view you will see objid of that object.
point 0 creates piece0 objid 2 (difference in id and num is 2)
point 1 creates piece1 objid 3 (difference in id and num is 2)
point 2 creates piece2 objid 4 (difference in id and num is 2)
and so on

Notice, piece number (in bold) and corresponding objid difference is 2

In the expression
point(“/obj/Fractured_object1/attribcreate_INGRP”,$OBJID2,“ingrp”,0)
2nd input is where we specify pt number whose ‘ingrp’ attribute value we want to find.
But we are using this expression in dops. so the 2nd input in expression is ‘$OBJID-2’
It means go to the address – “/obj/Fractured_object1/attribcreate_INGRP”
Look for point number == $OBJID - 2 (why -2 , point number is not equal to objid but objid - 2 as explained above)
Find value of an attrib ‘ingrp’ for the above point.

If this value is 1 then the corresponding object will be active otherwise it is deactivated.
You would also want to take a look at this link http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=27089&highlight= [sidefx.com]
  • Quick Links