passing parm value from a callback script to HDAModule

1987   1   1
40 posts
Hey Guys,
I am trying to create a dynamic menu for my Digital Asset and I have managed to write, access and direct the tool through callback script to the python module.
I want to pass the parm value of a dynamically created parameter to the right node parameter inside the digital asset.
I want the tool to know what parameter I am changing and copy that parameter into the parameter of a node inside a digital asset. I cant seem to pass the object or parm I am passing through the callback script. I dont want to use ch,chs, since that will have to create a check for 80 or more parameters each time the user changes any parameter. I want it to know which parameter the user changes and update and check just that parm. Let me know if I need to clarify further.
Any help would be appreciated.
40 posts
hey guys figured it out. It is kwargs.
What I was trying to do doesn't work as a concept but what I realized is that there is something called chsraw which evaluates the expression as a string and that means it copies the parameter exactly as its typed, as a string. This eliminates annoying issues of special characters like $ and ` disappearing. Removes the need of using \ before these characters to evaluate them properly.
Thanks for reading.
  • Quick Links