Houdini 13 startup error

3152   4   1
13 posts
I'm getting this error on the H13 splash screen. I click OK and Houdini starts up…
anyone know how to resolve this?

Attachments:
H13Error.jpg (55.1 KB)

—–Neil
www.kirbyfx.com
vimeo.com/kirbyfx
youtube.com/frescalus
1743 posts
That's rather scary. I wrote the current version of that function, and it gets called on every SOP cook, but I have no idea how it could be missing unless the entire GA library is missing, in which case, starting Houdini wouldn't work at all.

Could it be that you either have 1) a version of libGA.dll from Houdini 12.5 or earlier installed in the same path, or 2) a version of a custom HDK node or other library from Houdini 12.5 or earlier installed for 13.0? I added a parameter to GA_Detial::getMemoryUsage in Houdini 13, so anything referring to it in 12.5 would need to be rebuilt for Houdini 13.

Cheers,
Neil
Writing code for fun and profit since... 2005? Wow, I'm getting old.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_HFmdvpe9U2G3OMNViKMEQ [www.youtube.com]
599 posts
frescalus
I'm getting this error on the H13 splash screen. I click OK and Houdini starts up…
anyone know how to resolve this?
I did reply on odforce, but your most likely problem is that you have a plugin that needs recompiling. The function signature changed between releases.
Halfdan Ingvarsson
Senior Developer
Side Effects Software Inc
13 posts
well, I took off both 12.5 and 13.0 and installed 13.0 by itself and still receieve the same error.
The other thing is, both 12.5 and 13.0 are installed in different folders as well.
The only plugin I ever had installed was a Realflow plugin, but I removed before I installed the latest 12.5 and 13.0
I also did a simple test scene with pyro and it seemed to have ran just fine.
Oh wait a sec..I just found I have Maxwell Render plugin for Houdini also, let me get rid of that…
—–Neil
www.kirbyfx.com
vimeo.com/kirbyfx
youtube.com/frescalus
13 posts
Success…I found the culprit, Houdini starts up just fine…
the Maxwell Render plugin and RF Plugins aren't compiled yet for Houdini 13.
Thanks everyone for the help!
—–Neil
www.kirbyfx.com
vimeo.com/kirbyfx
youtube.com/frescalus
  • Quick Links