Search - User list
Full Version: UI click down drag behavior when connecting nodes
Root » SI Users » UI click down drag behavior when connecting nodes
sekow
Hey is there a way to change the behavior when fumbling with node connection?
For now I have to click down on the output, release and have a spline attached to my cursor, then click down again for the plugging in.
Working with a Wacom feels a bit slow that way in Houdini

When there is one behavior I really miss for now is how you connect nodes in ICE. Simply click drag, plug, release. Feels so rewarding and fast.

If not, where I put in a request like this. Cause I can't find anything like this in the prefs. Aaaand its not really a bug

Thanks
.sebastian
sekow
I am asking because I need sometimes more than 2 tries to grab a port in vopsops..
I am not that clumsy.
anon_user_37409885
I'm using the Wacom and it's the same. You get used to it but it would be much more efficient to drag and connect.

You can submit a Request Feature Enhancement in the Support menu above.
Doudini
true!

+1

Derek Mondelli
I also have this on my list of things to suggest.

+1 please add feature.

Might as well rattle off a few others. Disconnecting nodes in Softimage is quite simple, just left click and drag away and release to break connection (or instead even redirect to another input altogether to replace the connection while breaking the other in one step).

Also, lesser known trick in soft (although it doesn't provide any visual feedback which might make it better…) If you have to connect 1 output of a node to multiple node inputs, you can hold shift, and after you release the mouse onto the first connection, you simply left click on any subsequent inputs with Shift key still hold down.
anon_user_37409885
Derek Mondelli
IDisconnecting nodes in Softimage is quite simple, just left click and drag away and release to break connection (or instead even redirect to another input altogether to replace the connection while breaking the other in one step).

You can shake a node and it will disconnect in the network editor

Also, lesser known trick in soft (although it doesn't provide any visual feedback which might make it better…) If you have to connect 1 output of a node to multiple node inputs, you can hold shift, and after you release the mouse onto the first connection, you simply left click on any subsequent inputs with Shift key still hold down.

Put down a Merge node not connected to anything,
select the nodes that you want input to the merge
click on one node output and click the input to the merge. They all should connect up!
sekow
Submitted a RFE.

I like the node shake to disconnect a lot.
Derek Mondelli
MartybNz those are great tricks, thanks for sharing, did not know about the multiple nodes into one trick. But there should be multiple ways to do things. For example, if I have one node, with 5 things connected to it, and I just want to detach one of it's connections, the shake trick wouldn't be as good as just being able to quickly drag disconnect the line.
anon_user_37409885
agreed - best to submit a RFE, Request Feature Enhancement in the Support menu above.
ctedin
+1 for this too. At least make i a preference option. Shake is great, but totally disconnects input and output at the same time.
buki
hi!

You can use the alt key while you click on the whole node, this way you are not forced to target the smaller output knob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.