Mmmmm, Apple!

3011   2   0
3 posts
Has anyone on here ever tried to run yellowdog(or any Linux) on an AppleMac and then installed Houdini?
I have an apple titanium laptop hanging around and it would be good to get mobile without spending any money.
Is this the dumbest question ever posted? Probably. :cry:
1631 posts
Nope, there are no dumb questions. Also, this has been discussed on the forum before.

Houdini will not install on Linux for Mac because of x86 instructions. I've heard of Houdini running with VirtualPC but have not seen it myself. Maybe that's something to try?

Cheers!
steven
105 posts
I've got Houdini 6.0 running on my aluminium PowerBook G4 1.33GHz using VirtualPC 6.1, had to do some vex shader and particles development while overseas in Dec last year and the powerbook was the only machine I had. Just had to enable the HOUDINI_OGL_SOFTWARE and a couple of other flags.

Worked okay but had some gfx/ui glitches and random crashes here and there. The speed was fairly bearable considering that I was doing basic particles stuff too.

Regards,
tk

stevenong
Nope, there are no dumb questions. Also, this has been discussed on the forum before.

Houdini will not install on Linux for Mac because of x86 instructions. I've heard of Houdini running with VirtualPC but have not seen it myself. Maybe that's something to try?

Cheers!
steven
  • Quick Links