PROBLEM: nVidia OpenGL driver

4916   6   0
9 posts
Hi,

I've just downloaded and installed the latest version of Houdini 7 Apprentice for my degree. However, whenever I try and run any of the programs, I get a string of identical error messages reading “Driver component sizes mis-match. OK to keep going. Cancel to exit”. If I click ok, the Licence Administrator window appears - at least the frame and the title bar, but nothing appears inside the window apart from whatever was originally behind it. If I click on the close cross, it disappears.

Anyone know what's going on?
9 posts
I've sorted the above problem by reinstalling my graphics drivers, but hit another one. I can't get a NC licence for the program. The License Administrator can't create one, and the URL that it gives can't seem to generate one either. I'm stuck without the use of the program.
1631 posts
Hi djpeanut,

When you try to run, for example, Houdini Master, you should get the “Install Apprentice License” pop up & in the window, there is a “install license” link. Did you click on that? If it doesn't work, have you tried to generate your licenses manually by going to the Apprentice License Server page [license.sidefx.com]? I know the license server was down but it's working now.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers!
steven
135 posts
I just downloaded the new version of H7 7.0.231 on a win2k machine and it doesn;t generate the license for it from the net and the one from the link doesn;t do it either.. Wondering if it;s my system or if it;s something with the link.?
the server is running ok as well
george
3D Mind body and Soul Great illusions are done by great artists…
135 posts
this is what i get from the link you posted for the generate license key for H7
ERROR: Could not generate license key …
1631 posts
Hi,

I just went to the site & it is working. Probably the server went down earlier?

You shouldn't have to generate the licenses manually. As long as you have an internet connection, you should be able to use the Apprentice License pop-up window to install them.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers!
steven
135 posts
Thank you i just tried it . It's alive….

is there any new mprovements in this update?

G
  • Quick Links