channel editor background colour

4964   5   1
1265 posts
Is there a way to change the ui background colour of the channel editor to anything other than black?

Can't find anything under color settings. Maybe one can edit it outside of Houdini.
Werner Ziemerink
Head of 3D
www.luma.co.za
4189 posts
Have a dig through $HFS/houdini/config/UIDark.hcs

Not sure if it's there but could be
1265 posts
Thanks MartybNz, but I could not get it to work. Found a channel viewport colour, but changing it does nothing.
Werner Ziemerink
Head of 3D
www.luma.co.za
55 posts
I got to change it. With Notepad++ you can edit the UICustom.hcs (you need Administrator priviledges if you are in Windows)
There is a whole section for the Channel Editor, but specifically you can change this line for the background.

ChannelEditorBackground: 0.25 0.25 0.25 // Background of the graph
Staff
4159 posts
You can override that file without editing the installation, by copying that file to a ‘config’ folder in your user preferences (create it if it doesn’t exist), i.e. %HOME%\houdini17.5\config\on Windows or ~/houdini17.5/config/on Unix. Pretty much anything inside the installation’s “houdini” folder you can override for yourself by putting in your preferences.

Hope that helps!
Edited by goldleaf - May 24, 2019 05:33:37
I'm o.d.d.
2036 posts
Thought this post was interesting and tried to give it a whirl…and although it's an old post by Werner…same here can't make changes.

Have a copy of UILight.hcs;

%HOME%\houdini17.5\config\UILight.hcs

made changes as Angel:

ChannelEditorBackground: 0.25 0.25 0.25 // Background of the graph

Still black though.

Interesting also, I tried copying UIDark.hcs to same directory as UILight.hcs, but get all kinds of pop up errors streaming anytime an action is taken in the hip session. Have to close it with Task Manager.

Although I can copy UIPro.hcs no problems.

My background is set to Light as default.
  • Quick Links