Search - User list
Full Version: Bringing simulation from dopnet to Geo using dopimport
Root » Houdini Indie and Apprentice » Bringing simulation from dopnet to Geo using dopimport
jm
Im having an issue where i can see my pyro simulation within the DOPnet but when i go up to obj view i cant see my simulation. I'm fairly insure as to how to use the dopimportfield but i pointed the “DOP Network” to the dopnet containing the pyro sim. i connected a volumevizulation node but i can seem to see my simulation?

Himanshu.joshi
You forgot to specify “DOP node” in Dop import field node, i.e. “/obj/sphere_object1/dopnet1/smokeobject1”.
If you don't put anything there dopimport field node will not import anything from dopnet, it has to know what you want to bring back from dops.

Cheers
jm
hi thanks a lot for your help. when telling the import node what i want to bring back from the dopnet it brings back the simulation but not the colour for visualization like when looking at the sim in the dopnet. how could i bring that back and display it?
This is what i get when telling it to bring back the smoke object

thanks
Himanshu.joshi
Take a look at the attached file, it will help you to understand how to bring back pyro fields from dops and how to visualize them.

Cheers
PradeepBarua
If you dive inside smokeobject>smokeconfigureobject there you'll find “Multi-Field Visualization” dop which is pretty much similar to “Volume Visualization” sop.
To match visualization of fields at sop level, you need to make relative reference (or link) to smokeobject dop's Guides>Multi tab parameters to volumevisulization sop.
shageyev
I'd same question. Thanks to @Himanshu.joshi
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.