Search - User list
Full Version: bracing error in particle_shockwave tutorial
Root » Technical Discussion » bracing error in particle_shockwave tutorial
Shannon
It may have been discussed somewhere earlier. However, I just wanted to point out that there is a bracing error in the impulse activation expression on the popnet of the shockwave tutorial in v 7.0.231 help files.
This expression needs one more brace preceeding the expression to eval correctly.

Here's the correct expression as I figure it was intended.

((clamp($FF, 2, 3 * 20+20/2)%20)<=1)
edward
I've submitted the bug. Thanks!
Cylibral
I wanted to know if this can be used in a watrer simulation to create a shockwave but in the water? I was wondering if it can be done using this method?

G
stevenong
Hi Cylibral,

Reduce the birth rate to 10% of what is in the tutorial & copy metaballs to the particles. Append a Bulge or Magnet SOP to the water geometry & connect the Copy SOP to the second input.

Adjust the birth rate, metaball size etc to taste. Hope this gives you a good start.

Cheers!
steven
Cylibral
I will try it if it works.. I'm i have been trying to recreate this in another soft ware don;t want to mention but it never worked. thank you very much….

G
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.