Search - User list
Full Version: RMB assigned to a hotkey ? (capture geometry problem ?)
Root » Technical Discussion » RMB assigned to a hotkey ? (capture geometry problem ?)
mstram
Is it possible to assign a hotkey to perform a right mouse button click?

Specifically the “RMB to complete” operation.

I'd like to make it ENTER or key-pad enter if possible, but any key will do.

The reason I want this is that Houdin (6.5) doesn't seem to consitently recognize RMB/complete.

It seems to be the worst with capture-geometry for some reason, but it's generally a problem with any op. This happens on two different machines that I have, granted theyare both slow and underpowered.

I know that my machine is slow and underpowered (650 mhz / 128meg ram), but RMB clicks in VIEW mode, and/or RMB-CTRL clicks are recognized immediately, it's the “RMB to complete” that are slow. Maybe it's just the processing for the operation that is slow? (An hourglass cursor would be nice if that is the case).

So is it just that after I select “root bone” in capture-geo, that there is background processing goiing on, and that is why the RMB are not being recognized ???? Or something else ?

Maybe a hotkey assignment won't do anything differnetly if the problem is just a matter of background speed etc, but I'd like to try it if it's possible.

I looked through the hotkey manager and found an “apply” and “accept” function, I assigned keys to them, but neither worked … probably not the correct functions .. duh <g>.

I also looked through the help files and tried to figure out how to apply the capture object either through a script or by directly entering it using the SOP network / parmametr panel … but couldn't figure it out. I tried an “opscript -r /obj/*”, to see what was happening, but I can't figure that out …yet either

Can the capture be assigned through either of those methods ? .. What are the steps?

Mike
edward
In the hotkey manager, assign a key to the “Accept” action within the context
/Houdini/Panes/Geometry Viewers
mstram
edward
In the hotkey manager, assign a key to the “Accept” action within the context
/Houdini/Panes/Geometry Viewers

Thanks ! I'll give it a try.

Mike
mstram
The hotkey is working great, I used the “tilde” as it's in handy reach of my left hande

Weird about the rmb to complete thing.

Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.