Search - User list
Full Version: Comp subnet resolution?
Root » Technical Discussion » Comp subnet resolution?
JColdrick
Houdini 7.0.271, SUSE 9.1…

I'm probably missing something here - I'm making a 2D Comp HDA - a subnet to start with - which has two inputs. The idea is the user can input whatever resolution inputs they want to. Where do I find the controls to determine what the resolution of the output of this HDA is? Essentially the user inputs the FG and the BG - and I want the use the res of the BG - however the output insists on being the size of the first connected COP. Am I supposed to code this using the events handler, and if so, where are the docs for this(naming what I would reference to alter the output size of this custom OP)?

Cheers,

J.C.
malexander
The output res of the HDA is the resolution of the output COP (the one with the render flag). Many COPs use the first input to determine the resolution. I would recommend using a Scale COP to scale the FG to the BG (using the 2nd input).

If you don't want to scale the FG, create a Color COP that's black, scale it to the size of the BG using the above method, and use an Add COP to paste the FG into the black. You can use the res() expression and XRES/YRES variables to center it as well, if you like.
JColdrick
Oh duh - thanks Mark. I was using the display COP…

Cheers,

J.C.
malexander
Yeah, the render flag is often forgotten about. But as you can have multiple display flags in COPs, and 0 or 1 template flags, the render flag got the call.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.