Sliders in a custom panel

3839   5   1
14 posts
Could some one please explain how you get sliders to have key frames in a custom panel or (as I have a feeling that that is not the correct way to animate) how you add key frames at the SOP level.

Thankyou
Dave.
1631 posts
Hi Dave,

You can't set key frames in a custom panel & you shouldn't be using custom panels, now that Digital Assets are much more useful.

I'm assuming you mean how to add key frames to a parameter at the SOP level. To do so, RMB on the parameter to get the pop-up then select “Set Keyframe”. Notice on the right you have “Alt+LMB”? That is the shortcut so hold down the Alt key then left click on the parameter you want to set or add key frames.

I would recommend going through the online help (? button in the top right) especially the Quick Reference & Tutorials. There are also video tutorials available through the Sydney Vislab mirror. [sidefx.vislab.usyd.edu.au]

Cheers!
steven
14 posts
thankyou, I have been through the tutorials but for some reason I could not open the menu in the paramater box to set key frame but the shortcut has fixed it,.
Thanks again
Dave
49 posts
Yes, Digital Assets are much more useful, but I wouldn't go as far to say that Custom Panels shouldn't be used. There are a few cases where custom panels are prefferable to a Digital Asset. Custom panels are a great way to create your own button bar, useful for running scripts or commands that you don't want to tie to a hotkey. You can create several buttons in a row and it takes up much less space than a parameter pane.
Jeff Willette
Freelance TD
1631 posts
Hi Jeff,

I stand corrected and welcome back to Houdini-land.

Dave, may I know what graphics card are you using? I think it could be the reason why you can't get the pop-up menu.

Cheers!
steven
14 posts
ive got a nVidia 5900 xt but its all fixed now, I was pressing keys on my keyboard at thwe same time for some reason :? but its all fixed now.

thanks
Dave
  • Quick Links