Search - User list
Full Version: Duplicating range of keys in Channell Editor
Root » Technical Discussion » Duplicating range of keys in Channell Editor
Dave_ah
I seem to doing something wrong. I am unable to duplicate a selected range of keys in Channell Editor. I highlight a range of keys. Then I try to drag them while holding down a modifier. But I am unable to find the correct combination of modifier. If I try to do C then P buttons, only the 1st selected key get copied and pasted. If I try to drag the selection without a modifer key, by dragging on the curve, I get an arrow+ symbol, but keys are not duplicated. So what is the proper procedure?

Davd Rindner
stevenong
Hey David,

You can use the dopesheet to copy the keys. In the Channel Editor, type "3“ to switch to the dopesheet then select the range of keys you want to copy. Type ”c“ to copy then select the frame where you would like the copied keys to start & type ”v".

Again, Ctrl-RMB is your best friend for other options/commands.

Cheers!
steven
Dave_ah
Thanks. I know that was a stupid question from me. I was pulling up cntr-RMB and trying to do copy/paste, but I forgot that in Houdini range duplication of keys is done in Dopeshit now in graph editor. THis was my Maya and MAX experience influencing my judgement. Once again, sorry for stupid question and thank you for your help.
Is there a way to duplicate rasnge of keys in graph editor. I am so used to working with F-curves, I almost never even think of tables or dopesheets. Last time I did was long time ago when I was importing Excell spreadsheet data into Electric Image's Key editor (EI's dopesheet).

Dave Rindner
Dave_ah
Sorry for the stupid type , I mean to say dopesheet.

DaveR
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.