Search - User list
Full Version: Linux houdini floating windows
Root » Technical Discussion » Linux houdini floating windows
nosferatu037
Hey guys

Im wondering if i can get the h13 windows behaviour on linux.
Currently on kde using h14, when creating a floating window, it shows up in the taskbar as another window, which becomes annoying on two screen setup.
Previously on h13, if i have a floating window, when i minimize/maximize both windows obey the same behaviour and houdini main window as well as the floating one are under one taskbar entry.
Currently every single child window i open, whether it be a floating parameter or expression window, they all start crowding my taskbar and it gets really frustrating alt+tabing thru all of them and finding them.
I know maya has this env var MAYA_SET_PARENT_HINT that defines whether floating windows are a part of the main one, and grouped, or if they get individual treatment in the taskbar.
Im not sure if we have control over that in h14?

Thanks
martinkindl83
HAve you ever managed to sort it out?
Moved to linux recently and im facing the same problem.
Its not that much about multiple windows clogging the taskbar, its more about when i have multiple houdini running, thare is no way how to tell, which floating panel belongs to which main houdini window
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.