Search - User list
Full Version: Stroke SOP painting from within HDA
Root » Technical Discussion » Stroke SOP painting from within HDA
Alexey Vanzhula
Hi folks!
Is it possible to show Stroke (or any other brush style) SOP manipulator from within HDA? It is not so difficult for standard handle type nodes like Edit SOP for example. We can simply duplicate functionality with HDA handles.
Also I know that we can lock asset, but leave editable nodes (Stroke SOP for example). In this case simple script allow us to set node as current in HDA and paint in viewport as result.

But i need stroke node from blackbox HDA that doesn`t allow manilations with children nodes, and set as current of cource.
Alexey Vanzhula
Thank you a lot!!!
Alexey Vanzhula
I never used Default State field in Type Properties. It is so useful!!!
Doudini
If i change geometry inside an asset (caching it to disk and reloading) the Default State stroke does not seem to update the Projection Geometry. The brush just uses a z-plane or the last state it was at.

Within the Asset it works.

Any ideas ?

Edit:
Solved it by reading back the geo into the first input of the asset. I think Default State stroke looks at the first opinput to determine which geo to paint on.

Could be better documented in help. I didnt find anything about it.
mtf
Not sure if by this you mean outputting your projection geometry from the HDA, then feeding it up to a merge and back into the asset.

Or, do you have a totally self contained way to do this that doesn't require the end user to reproduce this setup?

Is it possible to “read the geo into the first input of the asset” procedurally?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.