Search - User list
Full Version: Houdini License issue when dropping asset in editor
Root » Houdini Engine for Unreal » Houdini License issue when dropping asset in editor
ja0335
Hi.

Today i have downloaded UE4 version 4.8.1 and the Houdini version 14.0.393,
with the Apprentice License

When i drop in the viewport my houdini asset created i got this error:

Houdini License issue - (HoudiniAssetActor_2) : (HAPI Error: No Valid Licenses Found
- HAPI_LICENSE_MODE unset or is set to ‘default’ meaning Houdini Engine will first try to acquire a Houdini Engine license and if one is not found it will try to acquire an interactive Houdini license (Houdini then Houdini FX).
- No Houdini Engine license found.
- No Houdini license.
- Found a Houdini FX (Houdini Master) license but it is not the required commercial variant.
- No Houdini Engine Indie license found.
- No Houdini Indie license.).

What can I do to solve this issue?
damian
Ok…didn't see this in time. Try not to double-post if you can.

Here's the answer again:

From the line:
Unreal Plugin Trial Has Expired
It seems that the plugin is still using an older installation of Houdini than the 393 you installed.

To make sure you're using the correct plugin/Houdini version, go to:
C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 14.0.393\engine\unreal\4.8
and copy the HoudiniEngine folder. Now go to:
C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.8\Engine\Plugins\Runtime
delete the HoudiniEngine folder there if it exists, and paste the folder you copied.

Now restart Unreal 4.8 and go to Edit > Project Settings, scroll down to Plugins and select Houdini Engine. In the Houdini Engine settings screen, scroll to the bottom to Plugin Information and make sure the versions there list 14.0.393.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.