Search - User list
Full Version: Asset shows no parameters in Unity
Root » Houdini Engine for Unity » Asset shows no parameters in Unity
Digipiction
Hello,

I just tried Houdini Engine for the first time. I installed the Unity package and managed to load up my OTL. The geometry shows up correctly. However, I have exposed an integer parameter to the asset, and the parameter does not show up in Unity at all.

Is there anything special I need to watch out for in order for parameters to show up? It is a regular integer parameter, nothing special about it.

Houdini Indie version 15 (my asset is an otllc)
Unity 5.2.1
damian
If you instantiate a copy of your asset in Houdini, does the parameter show up there?

If you try another asset, like one that comes with the Unity plugin, do the parameters show up them?

All (supported) exposed parameters should show up in the Inspector pane in Unity when selecting the top level GameObject node.
Digipiction
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

It turns out that I made a silly beginner's mistake. In Houdini I used “Edit Parameter Interface” to add my parameter when I should have instead used “Type Properties”. Everything works fine now, thanks again!
commedieu
GoetzingerC
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

It turns out that I made a silly beginner's mistake. In Houdini I used “Edit Parameter Interface” to add my parameter when I should have instead used “Type Properties”. Everything works fine now, thanks again!

this is still the case. thanks for finding this fix.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.