some bug issue

2669   2   1
325 posts
[img88.imageshack.us]

Greetings,

I've got Linux Mandrake 10.1, last NVidia drivers, Houdini 7.0.469., tested in KDE and WinIce

I keep getting this graphical issue with my single file after I press Render:Mantra1, render the image and then choose Desktops->SHops (or just change from Geometry/Objects to Shaders). If I open another file, or hide the selected geometry and change to Shaders - everything is fine… So the reasons could be - some unexpected reaction of Houdini to the texture I've got on my geometry, some drivers issue… or whatever.

On the other hand If I render with View: Mantra and then change to Shaders - everything is fine.. hmmm… I don't get it.
- I made some tests and the bug seems to show itself only of I set the resolution to 640x480. If I set it to 600x450 for example - all is fine.

This is not critical and there are walk-arounds… though it's somewhat nasty.
I liked the Mustang
4140 posts
I think it's just an effect of the low resolution you're running at. Valid observation, but I've run a few apps that don't perform well at that low a setting. I doubt it's anything wrong with your drivers, it's just that Houdini expects more pixels to play with.

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
2199 posts
Make sure you are running at the highest refresh rate possible, that sometimes has an impact.
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
  • Quick Links