Search - User list
Full Version: Creating Smoke Trails from exploding Debris
Root » Work in Progress » Creating Smoke Trails from exploding Debris
Arkahtek Musicfilm
i really need help creating smoke trails from chunks of debris ejecting from an explosion. i'm getting smoke trails but its not connecting all the way so its looking like a broken smoke trail so to speak. I have the .hip file with notes. i'm nearly finished with this project. All i really need is to get a decent looking smoke trail emitting from the debris. I started this project not having a clue about what i was doing. I read some of the houdini manual on what different nodes do in the simulation i was trying to create as well as I searched the internet and took bits and pieces of info from multiple tutorials to get me this far. i posted here before but didn't receive any replies. i hope someone can help me this time around.
benfen
when clicked on you autodop network look at the substeps option and crank that up maybe to 6? and give that a try
anon_user_40689665
trail the debris, make curves from the trails, resample, source using gasparticletofield…
you can get fancy by putting ramps on the curves to taper-off the source attribute.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.