Search - User list
Full Version: Procedural VDB sculpting and automatic UV mapping for Games
Root » Work in Progress » Procedural VDB sculpting and automatic UV mapping for Games
MagnusL3D
Hello All,

I have setup this file to generate both Procedurally generatd Hi-Poly's that get automatically shaded, several Tri-Planar material textures get procedurally maskes, and some generated images from COP are applied.

It also generates a Lo-Poly mesh which it procedurallly UV-maps.

Everything is setup so it generates a new unique concrete block every frame, both Hi and Lo - poly. So it can bake it down.

The idea here is to be able to quickly generate lots of unique content that can be just as easily baked down for games.

On the images attached you can see the Mantra Renderd Hi-Poly and the UV-layout for the generated Lo-Poly. Right now Houdini doesnt pack UV's that great but I am sure that will be fixed.

I am also posting a small sample file for how I achive the VDB “sculpting”, in the hopes someone smarter than me might show me a better way todo the VDB sculpting since I am running into issues with it.
Generally it comes down to that I dont seem to be able to push beyond the look I am getting now. I want to achive more organic looking cracks.

I am using a custom made VDB “combine” which you can have a look at in the file, and hopefully outsmart me
varomix
That looks really cool, what a great idea
Great work man

thank you for sharing
MagnusL3D
varomix
That looks really cool, what a great idea
Great work man

thank you for sharing

Thank you, I have a dream of Z-brush quality procedural content beeing generated in minutes..call me crazy haha
Anyway the file I shared was stripped down to focus on the VDB combinding since that is where I feel my knowledge is the poorest. And if I am lucky perhaps someone can come up with better ideas todo that part.
oliverr1770
I'm currently working on similar processes and making tools for artists to create game ready assets in 30 seconds vs 45 minutes in zBrush just for a based sculpt. It's the future!
flippingbook
Really nice work! Like it a lot
Drakon
pure genius!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.