Capture Layer Paint Right Mouse Menu

1713   3   2
159 posts
I'm learning how to use the autorig, and have a question about the Capture Layer Paint node, inside the /obj/deform_rig/skin.
When you right mouse click with the Capture Layer Paint selected, a pop up menu appears. See attached. The menus and functions don't appear to be documented. Could someone explain what each one does?

On a related note: I want to flood fill the thigh geometry with weights of 1 from the thigh bone. And I want to flood fill the lower leg/shin geometry with weights of 1 from the shin bone. How do I do this?

thanks

Attachments:
paintCaptureRightMouse.png (1.3 MB)

Staff
3455 posts
- Capture Paint

This is the default mode which paints the capture weight of the current bone specified by the Capture Region parameter.

- Smooth Final

Smooths the final values of the composited capture weights, across all bones.

- Smooth Layer

Smooths the capture weight values (across all bones) that are only in this layer (ie. only the weights painted by this node).

- Smooth Single Bone

Smooths the capture weight values of the current bone specified by the Capture Region parameter using final composited values.

- Reduce Capture Weight

Reduces the influence of the current bone specified by the Capture Region parameter.

- Erase Changes

Erases the changes painted in this node.

- Erase Single Bone Changes

Erases the changes painted in this node for the current bone specified by the Capture Region parameter.

- Region Selector

Acts like an eye dropper for capture weight values. For the points underneath the brush, it selects the bone with the heighest weight and sets that into the Capture Region parameter.

we may have had a bug in the docs - they will be updated with this information now and should be in the next build.
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
159 posts
This is very helpful, much thanks.

My second related question was: I want to flood fill the thigh geometry with weights of 1 from the thigh bone. And I want to flood fill the lower leg/shin geometry with weights of 1 from the shin bone. How do I do this?

thanks again.
61 posts
Hello, I am struggling to do what weight capture to my autorig
Can you please share how you did it?

Thanks
  • Quick Links