orientate copy past out from box primitive

3682   3   0
11 posts
new to houdini and working to figure out the things needed to build. The object which im making is a sphere which has 90 faces all in a specific pattern and am using a cube in order to lock some of the locations of said pattern by converting the square into circles than using add to turn only points visible in order to copy my grid / tiles to. The problem is that im now having difficulty to make sure that the copy sop will orientate these grids outward. im sure it is an easy fix though just not experienced enough yet and most of the places to find this kinda answer uses spheres not cubes. tried the similar methods but just no success yet. anyone that can help me ?
11 posts
Still been trying to figure this out. have looked up tutorials and checked the forums. must be a way just currently am stumped and is a big part of what is currently trying to progress. In the end i am trying to create a shape like the one illustrated below. Each full face will be able to be rotated like the rubix cube as shown containing a grid in each. The process currently using is to take squares to orientate the centre of each tile but when you copy stamp the process all of the grids are face up from screen view. Been trying to use pollynormal sop in order to be able to give it an outward facing orientation though it dose not seam to be working.

11 posts
well either im on the wrong forum or no one can help me guess back to the old method which was not working out as well but got to place them as needed regardless.
1737 posts
better to upload a hip file of your attempts so far, easier for people to modify a scene then to create a scene from scratch.

at a guess you need to specify one of the possible ways a copy sop will orient geometry, eg using @N and @up or @orient etc.
http://www.tokeru.com/cgwiki [www.tokeru.com]
https://www.patreon.com/mattestela [www.patreon.com]
  • Quick Links